Saturday, June 18, 2011

My hubby's Father's Day card...

Hello friends!

I hope your weekend is going well.  Mine is OK.  Been making my Father's Day cards today (nothing like waiting til the last minute, I say)  hehe  I am such a procrastinator sometimes.  Anybody else?....anybody???

I thought I would go ahead and share my hubby's father's day cards from me and our son (and the dogs, they love him so)  Oops, I forgot to sign from our cat.  Oh well, he knows she loves him too.  :)  He doesn't read my blog so it won't ruin the surprise.  Tomorrow I will show my daddy's card because 'he does' read my blog, occasionally, so I don't want to spoil his surprise.

Here it is:


He loves diamond plate, he would cover everything in it like wallpaper if he could.  LOL  Thanks to my good friend and fellow CA member Ann for giving me this embossing folder.  I initially borrowed it and then she gave me as she had 2 of them.  She totally ROCKS!  I know the coloring isn't up to par, I just can't figure out how to get the shiny look with my Copics...yet.  I will keep trying.  

He got a new GMC pick up this year and loves it so much, that when I saw this Truck digi from Handmade by Paula a few months ago I knew it was going to be for my hubby's Father's Day card.  You should check out her blog, she is awesome.  

I kept the GMC emblem red, because that was one of his favorite things on the truck when he got a new grill he wanted them to put the red emblem back on it.  So I colored it red.  :)

Well, that is it for me today.  Stay tuned for my dad's card tomorrow.  I semi-copied someone else's card, but isn't that the greatest form of flattery?  :)

Hugs to all!

2 comments:

  1. Your card is super cool....my hubby would die for some silver plate....and i'm with ya, hubby does not check on my blog either..what's with that? TFS! www.justwordz.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am sure he is going to love this!!!! You did a great job!!!!
    Love the embossing and the image!!!!Great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my Crafty Friends!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION! MyNeed2Craft by Terri Deavers is currently undergoing some changes!  Stay tuned!