Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Merrell Down & Dirty

Hello Crafty Friends!

No project today, just a share.  :)

Sunday my son did his first 5K Marathon.  It was a run and obstacle course type of event and he totally loved it.  He did it with his cousin and soon to be uncle.  :)


Erica, Blaine & Brady
If you love to do marathons and want to do something a little more down and dirty, I really suggest you check this event out.  Merrell Down & Dirty Mud Run.  This organization is partnered with Operation Gratitude.  They send care packages to our deployed.  What a GREAT group of people.

Just a few pics to share (I don't want to overwhelm you...I was a little bit camera happy) haha.  What can I say, I am a very proud mama.

Me and my boy
(before, while he was still clean)
LOL

The start line
There were some obstacle I wasn't able to see
from our location at the finish area.  This rope obstacle was
about the 4th or 5th I believe.
Before this one he has to wade in about chest high
water along the edge of the lake.
This rope climb obstacle was wet and soapy/slippery.
He just shimmied right up it.  LOL!
And then there is the famous mud pit.
You have to crawl through this on your belly, no exceptions!

Here comes my muddy boy. 

The muddy trio!  

We are SO PROUD!
He placed 12th out of 99 participants in his age division.  He
was really proud of himself that he did this event.  First time ever and he can't wait 
until next year.  He wants to beat his
time 35:48.  :)

I have a few project ideas floating around in my head.  Not sure which I will accomplish first, but you know me, I will share as soon as they are done. I also am working on my Christmas cards, so I should have some of those to share soon.  

In the meantime, let me know what you are working on.  I love to hear from my crafty friends.  If you want you can "Like" me over on my Facebook page MyNeed2Craft .


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my Crafty Friends!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION! MyNeed2Craft by Terri Deavers is currently undergoing some changes!  Stay tuned!