Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A crafty tip from me...(may not be an original, lol)

Hello my friends!

I just wanted to share a little helpful hint.  I bought this beautiful candle holder wall sconce at my little excursion to Hobby Lobby the other day and realized it didn't come with it's own matching screw.  One of my pet peeves is having a screw (or nail) that shows and it does not match the color of the item.  Ugh!

Now, this may not be an original idea...I am not claiming it as one...but I did think it up all on my own.  LOL!

I did not want to get spray paint all over my hands, so I got a plastic fork and Wa La!  It held my screw for me so I could get a real nice coat on it.  (2 actually) and I could just throw it away when I was done.





Maybe you got a wrinkle in your brain for learning something new today...or not. LOL!

Have a GREAT day!

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you. Why don't they include matching hardware for hanging, especially if it's going to be visible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tip!! Will have to remember that one. The sconce is beautiful! Wish we had a Hobby Lobby here in Redding, but that's ok, I'm going to visit yours when I go down at the end of the month for a class I'm taking for work. Looking forward to helping out your county's economy!! lol
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my Crafty Friends!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION! MyNeed2Craft by Terri Deavers is currently undergoing some changes!  Stay tuned!